Community engagement, service and positive social transformation are woven into the fabric of the AUC Consortium. Our member institutions have made significant strides in addressing complex social problems and improving the quality of life for children and families within local, national and global communities.
- Whether it is through finding solutions to the world’s water crisis, identifying strategies to eradicate violence against women and children, or eliminating health disparities, the civic engagement of AUC Consortium faculty and staff is reflected in their research, teaching and service.
- The energy and passion of our students are reflected in their leadership, scholar-activism, advocacy, and volunteerism. Our students complete well over 100,000 hours of community service yearly.
- AUC Consortium alumni have proven their capacity to serve and to lead on local, national and global levels.
Our community revitalization initiatives are designed to realize our collective vision. “The AUC neighborhood, through strategic partnerships, investments and coordinated efforts, can be transformed into a wonderful ‘College Town’ area, which will rival the great college towns across the country, with wonderful gateways, great amenities, first class retail and great neighborhood public schools. The AUC neighborhood could and should become a great center of intellectual discourse and a dynamic laboratory for ‘applied learning.’ This transformation will enable the AUC schools to position themselves individually and collectively as world class, globally competitive colleges and universities.”
Our Community Priorities
- Effective education
- Financial and economic stability of families
- Improved health and wellness of residents
- Safe places, affordable housing and a strong public infrastructure
- Community resource development