Information For Alumni
At the Atlanta University Center 2021 Career Fair on Thursday, September 16 and Friday, September 17, hundreds of companies will be looking for talented professionals who were educated at Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College and Spelman College.
Attend information sessions and learn about your future employer’s culture, values and job opportunities.
Show Your Skills
Share your resume and skills with hundreds of companies, agencies and organizations.
Set the Stage
Get to know employers who may select you for a follow-up interview.
Connect directly with recruiters and hiring managers.
Finding your dream job in today’s market can be a challenge, but being an Atlanta University Center Consortium institution alumnus has its benefits.
The AUCC Annual Career Fair is hybrid this fall due to the coronavirus. As an alumnus, you can engage with a wide range of companies, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations in person or using your laptop, tablet or smart phone and our virtual career fair platform created by Handshake, one of the largest career-building digital resources for college students and new grads. You’ll just need to create a free Handshake account, and then upload your resume and register.
Create A Handshake Account And Register
- Connect to Handshake here.
- In the “Students/Alumni” section, type in the name of the AUCC member institution from which you graduated.
- On the “Please Sign In” page, enter the email address you want to use. Note that, as an alumnus, you do not have to use a .edu email address.
- Identify yourself as Student/Alumni.
- Begin creating your account on the “Let’s Find Your Next Job” page.
- On the next few pages, confirm the school from which you graduated, choose a password, and add your name, major, and graduation year.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email, and then your home institution will need to approve your account.
- Once your account has approved, you can add to your profile, upload your resume, and register for the Career Fair.
- You can find more information about creating a Handshake account here.
Tips and Tools
In addition to the resources your college has available, empower yourself through other tools which can help you prepare to best talk about your experiences, accomplishment, career goals and fit with an organization.
- Career Exploration
- Resume Tips
- Interviewing Online
Check in with your Career Services Department
As soon as possible, check in with the Career Services Department at your school to ensure you are up to date on all requirements and recommendations for participation in the Career Fair as an alumnus and other types of recruiting activities.
How it Works
To guard against the spread of COVID-19, the 2021 AUC Career Fair will be virtual on Thursday, September 16, in addition to an in-person format on Friday, September 17. The format allows for companies to make matches between open positions and talented candidates while interacting with candidates virtually through streaming technology using a secure, robust online platform. In-person interaction is great, but so is being able to make connections from anywhere in the world.
Learn More About the Virtual Format
Don’t miss this opportunity for your talent to stand out and for you to make just the right professional connection with an employer committed to your professional growth.
If you need information in addition to that provided by your campus Career Services Department, contact AUCC Career Services.