TIPS AND TOOLS
Finding Additional Information
In addition to the resources your college has available, empower yourself through other tools which can help you prepare to best talk about your experiences, accomplishment, career goals, and fit with an organization.
Look for tools which help you take an introspective look at yourself and the types of careers you would feel most comfortable in.
As recruiters use more and more online tools to collect and assess resumes, look for tips which help you learn how to ensure that your unique skills and experiences stand out.
Showtime. Find information which helps you learn how to ensure that you present yourself professionally and can clearly and effectively promote yourself as a qualified candidate.
Information and Articles:
(Disclaimer: Information and resources below are accessible in the public domain and shared for thought purposes only. They are not necessarily recommended or endorsed by AUCC or its member institutions. Before following any particular guidance, check with your institution’s career center counselors.)
Virtual Career Fair
- Indeed.com: Video Interview Guide: Tips for a Successful Interview
- NBC Los Angeles: How To Nail A Virtual Job Interview
- Wired Magazine: How to Ace an Online Job Interview
- Fast Company: 6 crucial tips for acing an online pre-interview
- Forbes: Top 10 Remote Online Interview Tips During Lockdown
- Forbes: 4 Tips To Make A Genuine Connection During Video Interviews
- Refinery29: How To Ace A Virtual Job Interview
- Fast Company: You’ve secured a virtual interview. Now, land the job with these tips.
- Fast Company: Pants or no pants? 3 tips for nailing a virtual job interview
- New York Magazine: 8 Ways to Nail Your Video Interview
- Forbes: 3 Tips For Acing Your Virtual Interviews
- College Board and RoadTrip Nation: Career Finder
- WABE NPR: Atlanta Career Coach Shares Tips For Job Search During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Sallie Mae: 4 great career resources for college students
- Forbes: What Every College Student Should Be Doing For Career Success
- Thrive Global: How do you continue a job search during a pandemic? Here are 10 tips that may help.
- Careers.org: How to Bridge the Gap Between Your Academic Mindset and Corporate Requirements
- Thrive Yard: 100 Helpful Career Blogs and Websites for Jobseekers and Jobholders
- theladders.com: How to sell yourself in an interview (during COVID-19 and always)
- theladders.com: The 6 new interview questions every hiring manager will be asking so be prepared
- Indeed.com: How to Dress for a Job Interview
- New York Magazine: How to Answer Common Difficult Interview Questions
- USA Today: How can I ace my Interview? Ask HR.
- CNN: How to prepare for a job interview: 5 things to know before you go.
- Monster.com: Practice your answers in a mock job interview
- Forbes: How To Ace The 50 Most Common Interview Questions
- Glassdoor: 5 Ways to Keep Employers Interested After an Interview
- CNBC: I’ve been interviewing for 20 years—and these are the 3 best resume examples, based on experience level
- Glassdoor.com: The Perfect Resume Looks Like This
- Money Magazine: Here’s How to Make a Perfect Resume — and a Free Template You Can Use
- Forbes: Resume Quiz To See If Employers Will Respond To Your Resume
- U.S. News and World Report and WTOP (Washington, DC): How to Write a Resume
- theladders.com: The High Score Resume format: How to write a resume for 2020
- Watch: CNN.com- The best skills to have on your resume
- theladders.com: These 5 resume mistakes tell me you’re not right for the job
- Forbes: A Good Résumé Is Not Enough—Five More Things Job Seekers Need To Land A Job Interview
- CNBC: Don’t make these 5 biggest resume mistakes, say Harvard career experts—and examples of what to do instead
If you need information in addition to that provided by your campus Career Services Department, contact AUCC Career Services.