For Immediate Release
For the 2nd year, The Atlanta University Center Consortium held its Federal Government Career Fair offering Atlanta University Center students the opportunity to meet representatives from federal agencies such as the Center for Disease Control, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and more for job opportunities, fellowships, internships and more. This annual event connected talented students from the AUCC’s three undergraduate member institutions with representatives from federal agencies and organizations. This year’s fair saw over 200 students and welcomed two dozen federal agencies.
Key details about the AUCC Federal Career Fair:
- Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Location: AUC Robert Woodruff Library
- Time: 1:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Who should attend: Students from Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, & Spelman College
- What to expect: Opportunities to learn about federal career opportunities, network with potential employers, and apply for internships and jobs
Here are some tips for preparing for the AUCC Federal Career Fair:
- Research federal agencies and organizations that you are interested in.
- Prepare a polished resume and cover letter (Hard & Soft Versions)
- Dress professionally.
- Bring a list of questions to ask potential employers.
- Be prepared to network with other students and employers.
The AUCC Federal Career Fair was a great opportunity for students to learn about and explore federal career opportunities. By attending the fair, students gained valuable insights into the federal government and made connections with potential employers.
View photos from the event here.