Atlanta – As a new school year begins in the Atlanta University Center, AUCC’s Sr. Epidemiologist, Kara Garretson provides resources to maintain the health of AUC students, faculty and staff in a list of Prevention Action Items as Covid-19 cases see an uptick in Georgia. Please view her message below.
I trust that you had a restful summer and are ready for a productive year! We have spent the past couple of months getting ready for your arrival and, as COVID-19 cases increase across the country and in Georgia, we would like to remind the AUCC community of our COVID-19 Prevention Action Items.
Prevention Actions Items for COVID-19
- Hand washing
- Wearing Masks or Respirators
- Staying Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines
- Improving Ventilation
- Getting Tested for COVID-19, if needed
- Following Recommendations for What to Do If You Have Been Exposed
- Staying Home If You Have Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Seeking Treatment If You Have COVID-19 and Are at High Risk of Getting Very Sick
- Avoiding Contact with People Who Have Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
Thank you for your continued dedication and collaboration in helping to protect our AUCC community.
Kara Garretson, MPH
AUCC Sr. Epidemiologist