Lowery Community Day
Join the AUC Woodruff Library as they celebrate the legacy of Joseph and Evelyn Lowery and the opening of their historical archives collection!
Join this family-friendly event to honor the lives and legacies of a dynamic civil rights activist couple, Joseph and Evelyn Lowery!
- Explore the unique Joseph Echols and Evelyn Gibson Lowery archival collection through a special viewing of historical images and documents and an innovative digital, touch-screen exhibition
- Hear community reflections from civil rights leaders and social justice advocates
- Participate in a youth activism workshop with Alisha Thomas Searcy, activist, educational consultant and first African American State Representative to Cobb County. (Suitable for 5th to 12th grade students) *Youth 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Learn how to preserve your family photographs and memorabilia
- Speakers include: Ms. Cheryl Lowery, Dr. Vicki Crawford, Rev. Walter Kimbrough, Hon. Brenda Cole, Ms. Alisha Thomas Searcy, Mr. Blake Osborne, Mr. Deric Gillard, Ms. Gwendolyn Campbell, Rep. Nikema Williams (invited), Sen. Raphael Warnock (invited), and Rev. Anthony Motley (invited).
This is a free event; complimentary lunch with registration at https://bit.ly/loweryday
Questions: Contact email@example.com or (404) 978-2047