For Immediate Release
April 4, 2022
Atlanta – To Atlanta, 404 (one of four metro Atlanta area codes) is more than just a number. April 4th or four-oh-four is the annual moment to celebrate authentic Atlanta culture and the region’s undeniable global influence. 404 Day is a celebration of the unique attributes, people and industries seen only in our capital city. This year, April 4, 2022, the Atlanta University Center Consortium joined in this celebration and provide a scholarship opportunity for Atlanta University Center students. Details below.
This year’s celebration bolsters regional pride by activating with purpose. ChooseATL, Atlanta Influences Everything and Butter.Atl have teamed up to launch the inaugural 404 Day Scholarship to help close the financial gap impeding graduation for students of color. In partnership with the Atlanta University Center Consortium (world’s oldest and largest consortium for HBCUs), the scholarship is a bridge to welcoming diverse talent into Atlanta’s candidate market.
The 404 Day “Celebration of Culture with Purpose,” event includes the the unveiling of a limited-edition, HBCU-inspired letterman jacket by ChooseATL (a Metro Atlanta Chamber brand) with proceeds benefitting the scholarship. Scholarship contributions have also been provided by the Atlanta Hawks, Papa John’s and Discover Atlanta.
Undergraduate students interested should apply here: https://bit.ly/404DayScholar
This opportunity is presented by ChooseATL, Butter.ATL and Atlanta Influences Everything
To provide aid to Atlanta University Center Consortium (AUCC) seniors in need of financial assistance to finish their educational journey. Although not a requirement, it is our hope that these students will seek post-graduation employment in Atlanta and continue to share their talents with our region.
The Metro Atlanta Chamber / ChooseATL requires that 404 Day Scholarship awards be no more than $4,000 per student.
- Must attend an AUC Consortium institution
- Must be a graduating senior year of the AUC institution the semester of application
- Must have a balance that this scholarship will allow the applicant to graduate
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must meet the AUCC’s scholarship requirements
- Must provide unofficial transcript for verification of GPA
- Must provide financial ledger showing outstanding financial balance.
- Must be willing to submit a quote and headshot for potential media coverage. Quote and headshot can be emailed to email@example.com upon notice of award.
- Quote Prompt:In 120 words or less, please answer, “Why did you ChooseATL for college and how has your experience living in metro Atlanta influenced who you are today?”
The AUCC will identify, select and distribute funds to students that meet the above requirements.
The Metro Atlanta Chamber will have no approval rights in the selection process. The AUCC will provide an end of year financial report including the student name, university, major, scholarship amount, headshot, and submission quote of each recipient to the Metro Atlanta Chamber along with any tax forms.
Link to Apply: https://bit.ly/404DayScholar
For more information:
Joint Press Contact:
Teresa D. Southern/AUCC Communicationsfirstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Lee Jr./Metro Atlanta Chamberemail@example.com