Managing Anxiety and Stress
The COVID-19 pandemic may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a new disease and what could happen can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions.
Here are a few tips to cope with the stress:
- Know what to do if you are sick and are concerned about COVID-19.
- Know where and how to get treatment and other support services and resources, including counseling or therapy.
- Take care of your emotional health. Make time to unwind.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories.
- Connect with your community- or faith-based organizations.