To participate in the AUC Virtual Graduate and Professional Schools Fair, you’ll have to have a Handshake Account. Handshake is the career connection platform used by Clark Atlanta University, Morehouse College, and Spelman College and most students have accounts.
Do alumni still have accounts?
Policies regarding retention of Handshake accounts vary by institution. If you are having trouble accessing your Handshake account, you may need to create another one. For more help, contact your alma mater’s career services department.
CREATE A HANDSHAKE ACCOUNT
- Connect to Handshake here.
- In the “Students/Alumni” section, type in the name of the AUCC member institution from which you graduated.
- On the “Please Sign In” page, enter the email address you want to use. Note that, as an alumnus, you do not have to use a .edu email address.
- Identify yourself as Student/Alumni.
- Begin creating your account on the “Let’s Find Your Next Job” page.
- On the next few pages, confirm the school from which you graduated, choose a password, and add your name, major, and graduation year.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email, and then your home institution will need to approve your account.
- Once your account has approved, you can add to your profile, upload your resume, and register for the Career Fair.
- You can find more information about creating a Handshake account here.
What is Handshake?
Handshake was created to ensure that all college students have equal access to meaningful careers. The online platform connects more than 6 million students with more than 1,000 college and univerisities and more than 500,000 employers. Through Handshake, students can create a profile including their resume and other information, and then access jobs, educational opportunities, and other information made available through the site.
If you need information in addition to that provided by your campus Career Services Department, contact AUCC Career Services.